Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Update

So I thought I would update this blog before I continue on with posts. We went in for the 7 week ultrasound to see a heartbeat and had a unexpected surprise. It turned out that one embryo took and had a heartbeat but was in the fallopian tube. So after doing another HCG test and finding that my BETA was over 8,500 the doctor said we needed to go in surgically and remove the embryo and possibly the tube as well that day. We went in at 4:30 that afternoon and had the embryo and left tube laproscopically removed. The procedure went well and I was able to go home that evening. Recovery has been fairly smooth sailing, the first week I was quite a bit sore but things have been great ever since. We are planning on doing a second round of IVF in Panama in February so hopefully this time around those darn embryo's will stay where they belong, in the uterus!! This time they only have one tube that they can wander down so my odds are better. I will start blogging again closer to when we leave.

Here are the surgery pictures for your viewing pleasure


No comments:

Post a Comment